El Cerrito Breaking News
Updates From: Maryan Osman (she/hers)
Deputy Chief of Staff, Director of Community Empowerment
Office of Councilmember Sean Elo-Rivera
City of San Diego, Ninth District
Community Forums on Gas and Electric Agreements. You can still share your thoughts with the Mayor’s office – they’re accepting feedback until February 24th. Mayor’s Energy Survey – bit.ly/energyinfosd
- The next Environment Committee meeting is next week, February 25th at 1pm. The agenda will be posted tomorrow here: https://www.sandiego.gov/council-committees/environment-committee.
Council will have two meetings next week:
Monday, February 22nd at 1p.m.
- Important item coming up: Rental Assistance (Item 603) https://onbase.sandiego.gov/OnBaseAgendaOnline/Meetings/ViewMeeting?id=4287&doctype=1
- City Council will vote on whether to authorize the acceptance and expenditure of approximately $92M in state allocated and direct federal Coronavirus Relief Funds, and $5M in CARES Act CDBG funds for the COVID-19 Housing Stability Assistance Program to provide emergency rental and utility assistance< br />
- Interest form for the assistance: https://www.sdhc.org/housing-opportunities/help-with-your-rent/covid-19-rental-assistance/
Tuesday, February 23rd at 11am
Important item coming up: Short-term vacation rentals (Item 330) https://onbase.sandiego.gov/OnBaseAgendaOnline/Meetings/ViewMeeting?id=4249&doctype=1
- City Council will review an amendment to the City’s Municipal Code and Local Coastal Program to Impose a License Requirement and Operating Regulations for Short Term Residential Occupancy including Hosting Platforms and Repeal Regulations for Bed and Breakfast, and Boarder and Lodger Accommodations.
COVID-19 Vaccine – Sign-Up for Notification Tool – https://myturn.ca.gov/
- Hope to share more in advance when appointments open up. Thank you Lorna for sharing that with community members. We are working with the Mayor’s office to expand opportunities for our hardest hit communities.
Parking Enforcement – Since last week (Feb. 8) all parking violations are now being enforced.
Trust the TAP – The water that comes to your tap is tested at treatment plants and various points in the distribution system to ensure compliance with strict state and federal standards. Learn more about your drinking water at: https://www.sdcwa.org/#TrustTheTap
- The Water Authority would like us to pass this along with you all.
Councilmember Sean Elo-Rivera (District 9)
City Administration Building
202 C Street, 10th Floor
San Diego, CA 92101
To reach out to the Council Person’s staff please click on this link https://www.sandiego.gov/citycouncil/cd9/staff
Councilmember Sean Elo-Rivera represents the Ninth Council District of the City of San Diego. District Nine includes the communities of Alvarado Estates, City Heights, College Area, El Cerrito, Kensington, Mountain View, Mount Hope, Rolando, Southcrest, and Talmadge.
How to Report a Crime