El Cerrito Breaking News
Nearly 100 Residents from El Cerrito and the College Area attended a meeting to discuss the homeless housing project proposed for the 10-story Family Health Care Center Building now under construction on El Cajon Blvd. and 55th st. The community is angry that it was lied to by a Family Health Center employee who said this was affordable housing for clinic staff and young professionals. Local politicians are also lying saying that the community knew about the project and supported it. NOT TRUE
The GI Film Festival San Diego runs May 17-21, 2022. There appears to be a great line up of films again this year. The GI Film Festival San Diego is proud to present all in-person film screenings and the awards celebration at the Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA). The museum is centrally located in San Diego’s beautiful Balboa Park and features state-of-the-art theatre complete with high quality projection and sound systems, comfortable seating, and is ADA compliant. More information at https://gifilmfestivalsd.org/2022/
Our Neighborhood Voices Initiative with Mayor Bill Brand discussing SB9.
- Jonathan Herrera – San Diego Housing Commission Discusses Coordinated Street Outreach Program
March 5, 2021
Help Available to Pay Past-Due Rent and Utilities Due to COVID-19 Hardship
A new program will help pay past-due, unpaid rent and utilities for qualifying City of San Diego (City) residents with low income who experience financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The application for help from the City of San Diego COVID-19 Housing Stability Assistance Program will be available March 15, 2021, at covidassistance.sdhc.org.
Until then, those who are interested in the program can sign up to be notified when the application is available. To sign up for this interest list, click here (Please use Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge web browsers to access the interest list or program application.)
Please use Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge web browsers to access the program application.
For questions or help with the application, call 619-535-6921 or contact one of these community-based organizations:
- Casa Familiar https://www.casafamiliar.org/ (619) 333-6824
- Chicano Federation https://www.chicanofederation.org/ (619) 285-5600 x 802
- ElderHelp of San Diego https://www.elderhelpofsandiego.org/ (858) 380-5341
- Logan Heights Community Development Corporation https://www.loganheightscdc.org/ (619) 858-0563
- The San Diego LGBT Community Center https://thecentersd.org/ (619) 692-2077
- Serving Seniors https://servingseniors.org/ (619) 235-6572
- Union of Pan Asian Communities http://www.upacsd.com/ (619) 255-7644
- Urban League of San Diego County https://www.sdul.org/ (619) 266-6256
The San Diego Housing Commission administers the COVID-19 Housing Stability Assistance Program for the City of San Diego.